I will make sure Nigeria qualify for World Cup and Nations cup – Mikel

Mikel says he is ready to do everything it takes for Nigeria to be at Russia 2018 and Cameroon 2019
He says he will do his best to carry the team as the captain just as he did in the Olympics
Nigeria are table toppers in Group B of the World Cup qualifier with nine points from three games
Super Eagles captain John Obi Mikel has vowed to do all it takes to ensure the Super Eagles clinch the Russia 2018 World Cup ticket and the AFCON 2019 in Cameroon.
Mikel made this known while speaking to newsmen after leading the Super Eagles to an emphatic 4-0 win over African Champions Cameroon in a Group B World Cup qualifier.
According to him, he will do his best to carry the team as the captain just as he did in the Olympics.
Super Eagles captain John Obi Mikel
He said: “There was no question that today (September 1) we will play better. We had a game plan and we watched a lot of videos, so we had to stick to our plan. We knew coming into the game that we had a very good chance and that was what we did today.
“We have a very young team and as the captain of the team, I feel I have a responsibility every time I step into the pitch to play. This team needs experience, the players are very good but sometimes they need someone who can direct to make sure we have balance.
“I will do my best, I will carry this team just like I did in the Olympics. I will make sure we qualify for the World cup and also for the Nations cup. The players are very intelligent players, they listen a lot and we all work together as a team. I think if we continue this way, I think we can beat anybody in Africa. It is not finished yet, we have to go to Cameroon to get a very good result – a draw or win and that is what exactly we are going to do.”
Nigeria are table toppers in Group B of the World Cup qualifier with nine points from three games.
I will make sure Nigeria qualify for World Cup and Nations cup – Mikel I will make sure Nigeria qualify for World Cup and Nations cup – Mikel Reviewed by Unknown on September 04, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.